4.13.2012

happy hour: pimm's cup.

Welcome to a new feature here at my so-called modern life: happy hour.  I've been working on becoming a better moderate drinker (seriously, this is one of my life goals right now) and I like to mix up my drink offerings.  The goal is to post a new drink every Friday... wish me luck!



A few weeks ago, we saw temperatures reach into the high 70's... in March... in New Hampshire.  This is not typical.  I took advantage of the weather and made myself a nice summer drink and enjoyed it on our screened in porch while I took care of some business.

The Pimm's Cup is addictive.  The first time I made it I had some friends over and by the end of the night, everyone was hooked on it and we'd polished off an entire bottle of Pimm's.  These go down easily - mostly because Pimm's is only 25% alcohol.


Pimm's Cup
1.5 oz Pimm's No.1
Ginger Ale
Lemonade (optional)
Lemon and Cucumber slices for garnish

Add the Pimm's to your cup.  Fill almost to the top with ginger ale.  Top with a splash of lemonade (optional).  Garnish with lemon and cucumber slices.


Note: As you might have noticed, I skipped the cucumber slices in the photo above.  Don't be like me.  The first time I made a Pimm's Cup, I skipped the cucumber because I'm not one to put vegetables in my drinks.  But as I made them for 5 other people, I thought I should get a little more legit about it and give it a try.  It's delicious.  I only skipped them here because I was out of cucumbers at the time.

Second Note: I like to add a splash of lemonade to mine, but it's completely optional.  Some people also make their Pimm's Cup with lemonade instead of ginger ale.  I tend to like the carbonation, so I prefer the ginger ale method. 

No comments:

Post a Comment