3.28.2012

home tour: the guest bedroom / bathroom.


The guest bedroom.  Rich is determined to make our guest bedroom the best guest bedroom ever.  It is on its way.


We're slowly piecing things together.  As with everything else - we're on a budget.  We bought a great new quilt, but threw on our old bedspread for an extra layer of warmth this winter.  We picked up the tables at a thrift store down near Rich's parents.  Originally, we just bought one and used it as a coffee table in the living room.  Then the thrift store slashed the price of the matching table.  The much lower price worked for our budget and we had some great end tables.  


This is our kind of sad looking gallery wall.  I wanted some time to grow into it.  You know, take my time to find and make stuff I loved.  Now part of me wants to just throw up anything and make the wall look a little more full.  Just replace filler stuff as I find and make the stuff I love.  We'll have to wait and see if a ton of frames just happen to fall in my lap in the near future.




This is our brown/peach bathroom in all its glory.  The peach might be on its way out, but that wallpaper will be there until it starts falling down.  The floor needs to be replaced.  It's some crappy peel and stick linoleum that was leftover from when the previous owner re-did the master bathroom.  It's purple-ish and doesn't match and drives me slightly insane.


We picked up the wild boar carving at a flea market.  Now, I'm not the best at picking out art.  I second guess my choices and get bored with stuff easily.  The wild boar changed everything.  I smile every time I see that little guy and he will always have a place in my home.  One of my favorite purchases ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment